Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 95 in Korea.





Countdown: 20 days.
Currency exchange: SGD 1 to 940 won.
Temperature reading: 6 degree celsius.

Today I finally met up with a fellow Singaporean - Christina Tay. Okie, I must first admit I was quite afraid to meet her because firstly, I am shy when 1-to-1 with girl. Secondly, if she is the quiet type, then I am GG-ed for the night. I had to finish some work in school before coming out to meet her. I was supposed to meet her @ 6:30pm, but you know lah, Singaporeans timing is as elastic as the rubber band one. Haha, actually I was caught in jam (darn, what a lame excuse right?).

And so, I finally met her @ 6:50pm (oops). I think we both can recognize each other from far, but I purposely act bodoh and walk past her *lol* It is part of breaking the ice eh. We greeted each other (ice still a little cold) and chat as we walk towards the duc-khal-be place. You know, the usual questions like "How are you?" and "Where have you been to?" and "What have you done in Daejeon?" blah blah blah nonsense. Surprizingly, it was very smoove haha (maybe from my perspective only). We arrived @ the restaurant after a 5 minutes walk, settled down and ordered our food. We begin to tak photos of each other and just converse while waiting for the foodies. It is fun to know how much things have been happening in Seoul all these times when I am stuck in boring Daejeon city. I have to admit, she looks very adorable. Half the time she was talking, I wasn't paying much attention to the content but her (pardon me). Man, Seoul is so much fun and I have made up my mind to spend my last week in Korea in Seoul, no matter what. At least I must leave this place with beautiful memories.

I felt so relaxed for the first time and I finally met my fellow Singaporean friend. There is no where closer than this familiarity that makes me feel so comfortable. However, good times are short-lived. I walked her to the subway station before she took the train back to the terminal and subsequently the train back to Seoul. Poor me have to return to school to finish up my project.

Sian~

No comments: