Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 65 in Korea.















Countdown: 50 days.
Exchange rate: SGD 1 to 946 won.
Temperature reading: 9 degree celsius.

Iis finally the weekend and temperature is hitting below 9 degrees in the night. Today, I followed Divyan to this international event @ the Daejeon convention hall where there are cultural performances, different food stalls for all the international delicacies, accessories stall and used clothing sections for those who wanna get bang-for-bucks kind of winter wear and fashion apparels. I volunteered to help the Sae Ro Nam church sell hot dog buns since I got nothing much to do and 3 Korean ladies commented that I look handsome!!! *LOL* I know it is lil BHB and I refuted them, but I can sense my head exploding already. I didn't know that hot dog buns are the favourites of the locals and within half an hour, we cleared all the stock we have. Awesome. I had some time to roam about and so I went stall-hopping and ate my share of foodies and look @ some of the winter clothing. Nothing very fanciful though, so as I was walking back in the direction of the stall, I met Natasha, an Indonesian girl who is attending the same church as me. We chatted a little and I told her that I wanted to grab a trench coat (if there is any) but there isn't, so she suggested we go to Lotte Departmental Store and see cuz they got loads of stuffs there. We went there by the subway train and there it is, another whole new world waiting to be discover - Yong Mun (pronounced as Long Wen in Chinese *it is written on the wall*). I ate this pastry that looks like peanut cake on the outside, but there is an egg inside. Incredible and delicious. The whole entire place is like Galleria, but a little smaller and less poshier, but the usual stuffs are there. We went to the 8th storey - young plaza and started scouting for the trenchcoat. However, the price are crazy, so instead of getting a trenchcoat, I fixed my eyes upon a slim fit jeans in UniQlo (some Japanese brand). I tried, satisfied, requested for alteration and collected it 2 hours later. During that 2 hours, I had coffee with Natasha at Angel-in-us coffee place right across the street. Hmm, from the conversation, I learnt that she had been to Singapore before, so it is easy to talk to her about stuffs back home and she plans to come to NUS for graduate programme.

When we are done, I went back to UniQlo to collect my jeans before we head back to Dunsan-dong by subway. There we had duc-khal-be (again) at a different stall and it tasted great as well. The usual Bok-geum-bap right after we finish whacking the duc-khal-be. Then, being a gentlemen, I walked her to the entrance of station before heading to the nearest bus stop to hail a bus back to ICU. What a wonderful day.

Time to go back and watch EPL action. See you guys.

No comments: