Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 71 in Korea.






Countdown: 44 days.
Currency exchange: SGD 1 to 831 won.
Temperature reading: 8 degree celsius.

No wonder today feels so good to sleep; it's raining man (hallelujah) and it is ultra cold in here. I am freezing my butts off over here and I was late for Movie and Society class. I came late cuz I missed the earlier bus (Hwaam dormitory sucks) and heard lots of murmuring!! Darn it. They are watching a French film with Korean subtitles. Great~! I can't understand both language and throughout the entire 1.5 hours, I just sat down and enjoy the motion pictures. Without fail, the show is filled with sex scenes. The lecturer is a really horny guy!! 3 films I watched in his class are all sex-filled. Gosh. After class, I chiong to Jeonmin-dong for Isaac's MVP Toast and bought myself a Halloween mask, which I will wear for the partay later. There is this new Coffeeteria opening today so I went in and ordered a cuppa caramel Latte. Price is reasonably cheap; 3,300.

So now I return back to school to help setup the haunted maze as sort of like a pre-event appetizer for those who are anticipating the party. Fortunately, I have 3 able-bodied men to work alongside me. Tae Su, Muugii and Farhad. We had a tough time setting up the maze with just plastic thrash bags, but we did it anyway. I ran a little late for Intro to Communication class, but was forgiven when I gave a thorough presentation on the topic given me. As promised to the class, I finished 1 hour early (duh she only gave me 8 slides and how slow can I possible go?). So we were given an early dismissal. Farhad and I rushed back to work on the maze and prepare our costume for the night. My theme was on Scream trilogy, so I had to put on the mask and made my costume out of cheap plastic bags *lol* Cost saving and effective.

The clock hit 7pm and the crowd started coming in through the haunted maze. It was a great turnout; I am quite surprised to see so many students turned up and in their respective costumes. We also screened the movie - The Corpse Bride for them to enjoy since it is Halloween. Time to unwind and get in touch with your wild side. Oops, I saw Hye Ji!! Wah, heart pumping too fast I almost got choked. She came and enjoyed the party too, but as usual, I am too shy to talk to her. Oh I forgot to mention that the ICU Mixer Club agreed to help us out with the party by providing booze (of course it ain't free cuz they have to buy the drinks and stuffs). I had a cup of screwdriver + white Russian. They mix pretty well and they gave us a performance with liquor flame art. Impressive.

San-In entered the Pumpkin craving contest and his group got 2nd. Australian Outback Voucher worth USD $100!! What the?? The event spans from 7pm all the way till 12 midnight. It was really fun and interactive, but the cleaning up is definitely not fun @ all. It took us an hour to finish clearing up all the rubbish and dirt!! The SAFE club president then took us (the helpers) out to Dasarang in Jeonmin-dong for a sumptuous supper treat with Hite beer. We talked and laughed and played silly games and drink ourselves to the fullest. Finally, I am back in my dormitory showered, cleaned up and ready to hit the sack.

This has gotta be the most fruitful day in my entire period in ICU. I am so gonna miss SAFE meetings.

No comments: